Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Honey Beer Bread



 Ingredients:
3 c. flour
2 Tbsp sugar
1 Tbsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
2 Tbsp honey
1 bottle (12 oz) beer
4 Tbsp butter, melted

Makes 1 loaf


I'm not a big fan of drinking beer, but I don't mind cooking with it. I've made beer cheese soup and this amazing bread. It is sweet, yet has the sour yeasty taste of beer.

I used Milwaukee's own Oktoberfest Lager brewed by Lakefront Brewery.

Recipe:
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.

Whisk the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl. Stir in beer and honey and mix until combined. Pour half of the melted butter in a bread pan. Spoon bread batter into pan, then pour the rest of the melted butter on top.

Bake 50-60 minutes, or until golden brown. Let it rest in the pan for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool.

I like to eat it while it's still warm.




No comments:

Post a Comment